Sunday, January 21, 2007

Full of Grace



This image of Madonna and child is by the artist Kathleen Ann Garcia. I was searching for an image I felt showed motherhood in a beautiful but natural state. I think my favorite thing about this picture is how the baby is sleeping. I think we sometimes get so caught up in the fact that Mary is the mother of our Savior and a virgin and chosen by God, that we forget that she was a mother period.

Mary had to do many of the things we have to do with our babies with Jesus. She taught him to walk and changed diapers. She played with him and sang to him. She heard his first words and shared his first smile.

This picture, with a baby sleeping as only a baby who is contented with his mother sleeps, helped to remind me of the motherhood of Mary.

No comments: