Friday, August 24, 2007

It's not Heat, It's Holiness.

The air conditioner repairman could not come out to make an assessment for four days and it would be a full week before our central air would be functioning again.
We are in the middle of a heatwave and a drought. We don't have screens in our windows.
The inside temperature hovered around 85-90 degrees F.
I opened the doors for an hour or so during the coolest part of the night and it dropped the inside temperature about 3-4 degrees.
I had a choice to make about how I was going to cope.
Many years ago my pastor, made a simple statement- perhaps it was a quote:

"If you desire holiness, you must seek holiness."

I do desire holiness.
I decided to embrace the circumstances with joy.
I chose to revel instead of suffer.
God has blessed us abundantly.
I sought the Lord and he answered me.
We were at work during the day.
We found an old window unit that kept the bedroom bearable.
We were able to sleep.
We had all we needed
with our Heavenly Father keeping watch.

No comments: