Friday, October 2, 2009

Quick Takes---I'm caving to the Pressure lol

1) Whose Kids Are These Anyway?
It's a question I am asking myself more and more these days. I have always wondered why my kids won't eat the "kid staples." They dislike tater tots and macaroni and cheese to name a couple. But sometimes my kids surprise me. Like Joseph with his compassion toward his sister during a thermal-nuclear meltdown. Or Shelby during her playdate yesterday showing steps toward interacting with the other autistic child we had here. Always something new to learn in the Mommy-game!
2) Friends are Friends forever, a lifetime's not too long to live as friends
Recently some of my husband's high school classmates became friends with me. We became fast friends and for many of us very close very quickly. I often wonder if I was born in the wrong time and being around them rouses that suspicion even more. But as one pointed out, I was born in God's time, and although I am "late to the party" so to speak, I have caught up to speed and hit the ground running. Talking to some of these people it's as if I had been around all along and some even forget I wasn't. I am so thankful to God for putting them into our lives.
3) Variety is the spice of life
Joseph has always loved the movie Cars, but I could tell it was starting to wear just a bit so I had introduced 101 Dalmatians (the 1961 animated version) as well as Ratatouille and Finding Nemo. He is now enjoying a good rotation.
4) Oldies but Goodies
After years of searching, Jeff found Snoopy's Reunion on DVD at Wal-Mart. For those unfamiliar with this Charles Schulz animated mini-feature it tells the story of the litter of beagle puppies born at the Daisy Hill Puppy Farm and how one, after being returned by a rich little girl who was no longer allowed to keep him, became the pet of Charlie Brown and named Snoopy. After returning to Daisy Hill to find it is no more, Snoopy invites his brothers and sisters from all over the country for a reunion. It's a warm and fuzzy movie that makes no apologies for being that way!
5) Farmville
I'd like to know who suggested to me to get this application on facebook. It is addicting, but very fun. You grow and harvest your crops, tend to your animals and build your farm. Very inspiring for those out there with brown thumbs, no land and little animal sense!
6) Work
Just a quick update. Still going well. 60 days down, 30 to go!
7) Recognition
This week I chose to recognize to management some of my co-workers who I feel do their job with pride and show exceptional teamwork. It brought a smile to my manager's face to hear about things that happen when she's not around and it won a small reward for those I mentioned! A little recognition in our world goes a long way still!
Check out Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes!




1 comment:

annies home said...

I love farmville as well