Sunday, February 22, 2009

From Today's Readings

"Thus says the Lord: Remember noth the events of the past, the things of long ago consider not; see I am doing something new! Now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? In the desert I make a way, in the wasteland, rivers. The people I formed for myself, that they might announce my praise. Yet you did not call upon me, O Jacob, for you grew weary of me, O Israel. You burdened me with your sins, and wearied me with your crimes. It is I, I who wipe out, for my own sake, your offenses; your sins I remember no more."
Isaiah 43:18-19, 21-22, 24b-25

Heavenly father, help me not to dwell upon the past. Help me to ask your forgiveness for all things and that I may forgive all done to me. Ready my spirit for the trials ahead of lent, your son's passion, death and resurrection. Amen.

No comments: