Thursday, August 27, 2009

Memorial of St. Monica Patroness of Mothers


Prayer to St. Monica

Holy St. Monica, I know that your life on earth as wife, mother, kind grandmother and wise friend
to many women and men made you a saint when you stood before the Throne of God.

As I pray for your intercession, I pray for the courage to overcome fear and to find the Lord in the face of my friends, my neighbors, and especially in my own family members whom I remember in a special way today.

Saint Monica, help me when I grow discouraged in prayer. For you lived in the knowledge that, even in the darkest moments, Our Lord never leaves us. he knows our needs better than we do, and loves us more than we could ever imagine in this world.

May your example help me to bring my prayers to the Lord, ever confident of His tender love and concern... even as I pray for these special intentions today.
St Monica,
Pray for us.

O Lord, in thanksgiving I pray for the gift if my husband,
My daughter , my three sons, my granddaughter and my two grandsons.
I also give thanks for my son in law and daughter in law.
Please bless and keep them always in your tender care and protection.
Please provide for all of their needs in this world,
Grant them the faith and grace to live lives pleasing to you
that together wwe may spend eternity with you in joy and light.

No comments: