Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Link Because I Can

Have you ever noticed links on blogs? Did you ever wonder how someone was added to a list of links?

Well, I can't answer for everyone, but for me, the links I have are carefully chosen blogs that I read, that I like and that I feel are relevant to what I have posted here. Only one is not by a mother, not because I don't read blogs by men or women who don't have children, but because I do not find most of them to be relevant to this blog. The one I do link to here, I will do because it is written by one of my most favorite people that I haven't gotten to meet in person (yet!) and because I think that whether you agree with the opinions or not, they are well thought out and well written.

I was once the subject of a link war. Another woman put a link up to my blog and several of her friends decried it because, alas, I don't homeschool. (Although we do now for Joey's preschool needs. ) I'll admit, I took it kind of personally. At the time, blogging was new to me and she had a very large readership. However, I got over it, because eventually, I realized that I didn't want those women necessarily reading my blog anyway! Not that I turn down readership, but I kind of have this "thing" against unnecessary judgment.

I have a friend who links to everysingle person who asks her. That's her prerogative, but if someone whose content was offensive to me asked, not gonna happen. It's a free web, say what you want, but I don't have to acknowledge your existence.

So, I hope you enjoy the links I provide here, but please do not come to me to complain because you "don't like what so-and-so had to say about such-and-such." If you are really upset, let that person know.

No comments: