Sunday, March 15, 2009

Are You Trying to Win the State Fair?

Will weighs just over 3 lbs now at 30 weeks cooked and my doc has scheduled my c-section.

Like most pregnant women at this point, I'm exhausted, full of heartburn, sciatica, back pain, and short of breath. Constantly. I wouldn't trade it for the world. In just a few more weeks, we'll be done with this part of the journey.

This pregnancy has been very different from my first two, especially because, it's a winter pregnancy. Now, true, I became pregnant shortly before Labor Day (I know, the irony) and winter chooses not to show up here until just before Christmas, but considering I had baby number one just days after July 4 and we were seeing 95+ degree days with 100 % humidity every day and baby number 2 in late September causing me to be my most pregnant in the hottest days of our year in August, this has been a mild weather pregnancy. I even saw snow, twice (!) in this pregnancy. So, I tend to think that is the reason I am less whiny in general this time around.

I was telling a friend who just had her second son last fall that because Will is the size he is right now and very active, I feel like I can't breathe and have to pee pretty much ALL the time. She lives a bit further south of me in an equally tropical climate and now with her early fall baby, she knows a bit about being this uncomfortable. She emailed me that when she was about this far along, it was so hot, and she was so miserable that when her doctor told her at an ultrasound that her son was over 3 lbs, her response: "Are you trying to win the state fair? Get him out!" She did have to wait a few more weeks and now she is happy she did, of course.

While having a 3+ pounder this early does make it look as though I might be going for a record, the only record I want, is the birth record saying my third child has been born!

No comments: