Monday, March 23, 2009

Because Karen W is awesome and I'm ahead of the Game this week: Meal Plan Monday!

We plan mainly dinners around here because breakfast is on a pretty much 3 day rotation of items the kids will eat and lunch is usually leftovers or a 3-4 day rotation. Karen and I are keeping each other going with this meal planning thing being that we are both expecting our third children in a few months (a boy for me, a girl for her!), we both have two toddlers running around the house and husbands in the restaurant industry AND we are both trying to use our slow cookers more.

So, here we go for next week:

Sunday
D: Meatloaf

Monday
D: Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff

Tuesday
D: Vegetarian Chili

Wednesday
D: Fettucini Alfredo with Chicken

Thursday
D: Sloppy Joes

Friday
D:Fish Tacos (for me)/ Baked Chicken (for the non-Catholic husband and the non-abstaining toddlers)

Saturday
D: Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches

On Wednesday here our grocery store circulars come out and I plan on scouring them for deals for the following week, especially since my brother will be here for some of that week and Easter will be the following Sunday!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oohh, slow cooker chicken stroganoff is one of my favorites!! I didn't mark them on my plan, but all the dinners for Fri, Sat, and Sun are made in the slow cooker. Tasty goodness! And hooray for cheering sections! And gleaning ideas for next week! ;)

Kristen said...

Saturday and Tuesday are also slow cooker meals, which I forgot to mention :)