Saturday, March 21, 2009

Feeling A Little Bit Pregnant

I always wonder if Mary had morning sickness. Or incontinence. Or was short of breath. Or had any of the number of other ailments I have while pregnant. I know she had to have dealt with it much better than I have.



People ask me a lot now, at 31 weeks, how I feel. And my answer is always the same: pregnant. For me, there is no other way to feel at this point. Luckily, because of how my babies tend to grow, I can still see my feet and put my own shoes on, but that's about it for what's left of my pre-pregnancy self. All of my children have had a fascination with lying on my sciatic nerve for a very long time. They have all given me some degree of nausea, vomiting and heartburn. And they have all caused me to feel as though I could not get enough oxygen while simultaneously causing me to pee my pants.

Exhaustion is setting in now especially since I seem to have the two most active toddlers on the Eastern seaboard. But so is a sweetness. As I approached these last few weeks in my first pregnancy, my OB told me how she loved seeing women in the last month or so. She said she had this feeling of amazement as there would be a baby soon, that soon it would all be over, but beginning as well.

I am hoping the next few weeks will pass quickly and without incident. We have cleaned out our closets. We have gone through and gotten out baby clothes. We have gotten the kids rooms reorganized. I am not nesting though. That would mean Will is coming quicker than we would like. For as much as I would like to not have those "unfortunate" symptoms of pregnancy, I would like even less to have a preemie in the NICU.

1 comment:

Karen said...

"And they have all caused me to feel as though I could not get enough oxygen while simultaneously causing me to pee my pants."
HAHA!!! I'm still in my 2nd trimester so I'm not queasy or vomiting and actually have energy. I know it's only a couple more months before those (and more)lovely symptoms make a comeback, so I'm enjoying this time I have now. This pregnancy has caused me sciatic pain too (I was almost unable to walk b/c of it when I was pregnant with the twins.) I hope you get some relief! Hang in there, lady. :) :)