Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Breath of Prayer


Is no answer to prayer the answer "no"?
I have no idea.
I cannot profess to know the will of God,
but I have committed my life to fervent prayer.
I would like to say unceasing prayer,
and I'm working on it,
but sadly the flesh is weak.
Kristen recently left a nice post on the answer to prayer.
The next day the following article by Catherine Marshall came to me in an email.
(cutting and pasting appears to work)

http://www.ourprayer.org/prayer-of-relinquishment/?

Several years ago I reached a point in my journey
when I no could no longer petition for anything.
I didn't know what to ask for.
I just prayed. I began to connect to God from the beginning.
I began to connect each breath with the God breathing in to Adam.
My devout Catholic self decided that it was time to join other believers in prayer,
so I joined Breakthrough intercessors offering prayer for others.
Since a little girl,
I've always been floored by the expression "He doesn't have a prayer".
For it seems to me,
that as long as a body has breath,
he has a prayer.
It's his choice.
In these last several years I have prayed and adored many a holy hour
before the Blessed Sacrament
with the words of Thomas:

My Lord, My God.

And that seems to cover it all.


Peace unto you in this Holiest and most Blessed of seasons.
He is Risen, indeed.
Alleluia! Alleluia!

No comments: